The word ‘Calendula’ is extracted from the Latin word ‘Calendae’, means ‘little calendar’, as this flower blossoms on the new moon or even can be called as on the beginning of the calendar month. (Health Benefits of Calendula) The word ‘Marigold’ means ‘Virgin Mary’ and it consist healing properties.
Health Benefits of Calendula
It is also called as pot marigold, Garden marigold, Scottish marigold.
Even there are many misunderstanding facts between various Calendula and Marigold varieties like marsh marigold, corn marigold and desert marigold. And these all belongs to the Tagetes genus and not the Calendula genus.
CALENDULA BENEFITS FOR REPRODUCTIVE FUNCTIONS
Calendula is highly beneficial when it comes for female reproductive system. Problems like irregular menstruation, uterine fibroids, frigidity and ovarian cysts (PCOD or PCOS).
The Calendula oil helps in clearing excess of kapha and pitta energies from the uterus, as this oil mainly effects on artavavahasrotas.
A gentle massage of the lower abdomen, back and thighs by mixing 10 drops of Calendula oil,1 drop of cinnamon oil and 1 drop of cassia oil will surely help in promoting blood circulation in the uterus, and also regularise blocked or delayed menstruation, relieves dysmennorhea or menstrual pain.
Calendula oil works like a tonic for the uterine muscles, helps in balancing the estrogen hormones that are responsible for PCOS and uterine fibroids. It also treats cysts in the digestive passage and the breasts. Calendula infusions were previously used in folklore remedy for fostering uterine contractions and the discharge of placenta during childbirth.
BENEFITS OF CALENDULA FOR SKIN
- Inflammation is the main cause for all skin related issues like- sensitivity, eczema, rosacea, rashes, pain, allergies and even breakdown of collagen. These all inflammatory skin issues can be treated by use of calendula.
- It carries the ability to moisturize our skin without making them oily. They give your skin cells the ability to absorb nutrients and hold onto water longer (great for those whose skin is dry).
- Flavonoids present is calendula works as an antioxidant that protect our skin from radical damage, premature aging, wrinkles, hyper pigmentation and even dullness.
- In study it has found that calendula decreases the healing time for c-section scars. Those women who were treated with calendula ointment, their incisions were less swollen when compare with others women. By regular massage with calendula oil or ointment may increase the blood flow in skin that provides all nutrients to the skin and makes them look healthier.
- Regular use of calendula oil helps to keep our skin tighter and make our skin more younger ,healthy, beautiful and gives spotless glow.
BENEFITS OF CALENDULA FOR HAIR
- Haircare products made up of calendula extracts keeps your hair scalp moisturize and eliminates dandruff issues like itching, dandruff causing germs, and dryness.
- Calendula is a herb that consist of healing properties. It heals your hair scalp from all damages occur due to washing, brushing, styling, detangling etc. These reasons can be the cause of damaged hair and stops our hair growth. Using calendula oil heals scalp problems and makes your hair to grow stronger and healthier.
- Calendula tea when used for rising hair gives your hair a red or golden tone without any side effects. But these tone varies depending on your natural hair colour. At the same it also treats dryness and frizziness and makes hair more shinier soft and nourished as this doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals.
BENEFITS OF CALENDULA MOTHER TINCTURE
What is mother tincture?
Mother tincture is a combination of botanical extract and some amount of alcohol in it. Mother tincture is helpful in treating various health issues either sever or mild. But it should not be taken without any consultation of homeopathic health practitioner.
It is known as multipurpose health tonic.
Health issues like ( mouth ulcer, arthritis pain, rheumatic pain, healing wounds or injuries, diaphoretic, keloids, and for antiseptic) can be treated easily with calendula mother tincture.
DOSAGE FOR USE
Usually taken 3-5 drops in 1 teaspoon water three times a day or as prescribed by the doctor.
INSTRUCTIONS BERFORE USING MOTHER TINTURE
- Must be used under medical supervision.
- Read the label and instruction slip before use.
- Take the prescribed dose and do not exceed it.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Avoid direct sunlight or heat.