lauki ka halwa recipe | dudhi halwa recipe is a rich and creamy indian dessert recipe prepared from grated bottle gourd and sugar. the uniqueness of this traditional indian sweet recipe lies within the individual grated bottle gourd slices which gets crunchy and caramelized with sugar.
bottle gourd recipes are very common and it can be prepared during navaratri fasting or for during any vrat season. loki ka halwa is very easy and simple recipe and gets ready very easily. loki ka halwa is one such common dessert recipe prepared with 2 purpose. obliviously it is a classic desert for any festival, but also high in nutrition and fibre and hence ideal for fasting.
lauki ka halwa recipe | dudhi halwa recipe
|PREP TIME||10 MINUTES|
|COOK TIME||30 MINUTES|
|TOTAL TIME||40 MINUTES|
- 600 grams lauki / bottle gourd / doodhi / ghiya
- ¼ cup ghee / clarified butter
- ½ cup dry grated coconut
- ¾ cup sugar
- firstly,add in grated lauki and saute for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- saute till the lauki shrinks slightly and changes colour.
- add in ½ cup grated dry coconut and mix well.
- cook for 10 minutes or lauki gets cooked completely.
- further add in ¾ cup sugar and mix well.
- sugar melts and boil for 5 minutes or till it thickens.
- keep stirring till the mixture gets cooked completely.
- finally, transfer dudhi halwa / lauki halwa to a bowl and serve hot or chilled.